Jock Itch Smell And Its Cure that you need to know
As discussed in the previous posts, Jock itch is a fungal infection that occurs mainly in the groin region but if not taken care of, it can spread to thighs and other areas.
It is generally seen that Jock Itch infection will automatically heal or will reduce with home remedies, but in some cases it can spread to other areas.
Does Jock Itch Smell?
Another common thing seen in Jock itch is a fishy smell that is caused due to the presence of yeast in the infection. Though the smell is not much, but it is noticeable by the person with the infection. Not only does this cause embarrassment but it is also an indication that it is time that one has to use some remedies for the Jock infection to clear up.
The smell may or may not cause itching in the area. It may also cause a burning sensation in the sensitive areas like anus. This smell is caused by yeast infection and falls under the category of chronic infection. The problem may go with the medication but it will come back after some time. Anti-fungal creams do help but only to an extent.
Hence it is advised to take precaution before so that this type of problem does not occur, so make sure you never get this by following some simple tips given below.
Do’s and Don’ts to get rid of Jock Itch Odor.
How To Get Rid Of Jock Itch Smell?
- Wear soft and lose fitting clothes so as to keep the sweat away and skin dry so as the area makes it difficult for fungus to grow.
- Drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins and harmful chemicals from the body.
- Sprinkle some baking soda on a clean cloth and apply it on the infected area to remove the smell.
- Do not share gym towels or clothes with anyone. Since Jock itch is contagious, it will spread to other people easily is the clothes are shared.
Some more tips to get rid of Jock Itch Smell : –
- When done cleaning in the shower, towel dry gently and then use a hair dryer to ensure that you are completely dry
- Focus on improving you immune system and drinking probiotics.
- Those who are overweight and obese have a higher rate of getting this infection as they sweat more, hence it is advised to take proper diet and maintain a healthy body fat.
- Do not try to apply perfumes or deodorants on the affected area, this may further increase the Jock Itch infection.
So, if you were thinking, Does Jock Itch Smell? Now, we hope you will be able to fight Jock Itch smell if there. If still any queries, leave a comment below.
If you are really serious about getting rid of Jock Itch, then we’ll recommend you checking out best soap for Jock Itch.
Also Check : Jock Itch Pictures