As discussed, Jock itch refers to a rash formed in the groin region mainly caused by fungus.
It is very important to cure Jock itch as it can further spread to different areas like thighs and genitals.
Also scratching or rubbing the affected skin may worsen the case leading to bacterial and abscess formation.
It is generally advised that a person with this type of fungal infection should first use home remedies which have been listed in the previous post and if the remedies do not work one should go for Jock itch soap and creams.
In this post we will be discussing about the top soaps available for Jock itch Treatment. Please make sure that you consult a Doctor before using.
Advantages of Using Jock Itch Soap
- Soaps are generally cheaper than creams and sprays.
- Soaps are very easy to use and apply on the skin.
- Soaps are made from natural products.
- Soaps contain oil and other ingredients which have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties thus helping in Jock Itch infection.
Disadvantages of Using Soap For Jock Itch
- Creams tend to be easier to lather than soaps.
- Creams contain all the useful anti-fungal chemicals used to cure Jock Itch.
What is the Best Soap For Jock Itch?
Defense Soap Bar For Jock Itch
The Defense Soap Bars contain the highest concentrations of therapeutic botanicals.
Defense Soap is a cleansing soap which can be used by athletes or people who want to keep their skin clean. It does not directly cure Jock itch, but it keeps the skin clean and dry thus it does not allow fungus infection to grow in that particular region.
It contains oils like Tea tree oil and Eucalyptus oil which have anti-fungal properties.
Thus these properties of Defense soap create a condition where the fungus cannot survive.
It does not contain alcohol or Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
Ingredients: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palmate Kemelate, Water, Melaleuca Alternifolia Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf, Sodium Chloride, Glycerin, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate.
How and When to Use:
Defense Soap is most effective when directly used after training. While cleaning the body use a sponge to make a lather and rinse after 30-45 seconds.
Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar
It is an anti-bacterial soap made for dry and sensitive skin. Its non-soap formula offers effective cleansing for all skin types.
It also helps in removing surface bacteria and excess oil making it suitable cure for Jock Itch.
Cetaphil Antibacterial Gentle Cleansing soap contains anti-bacterial properties which help in removing the bacteria from the skin surface as well as extra oil. It is a mild soap with unique dual-moisturizing and deodorant benefits.
Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Dodecylbenzene Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoate, PEG-20, Sodium Chloride, Masking Fragrance, Sodium Isethionate, Petrolatum, Sodium Isostearoyl Lactylate, Sucrose Cocoate, Titanium Dioxide, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate. May Contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.
How to use:
Apply to skin while bathing or washing. Lather, massage into skin and rinse after 20-30 seconds.
Candida Freedom Probiotic Soap For Jock Itch
This probiotic soap used in cases of skin discomforts caused by fungal and yeast overgrowth.
It contains Bacillus coagulants, Aloe vera and Alpha Lipoic Acid which are known to have anti-fungal properties.
Each soap is made with Olive, Palm and Coconut oil along with some essential oils like Tea Tree Oil and Lemongrass making it an affecting anti-fungal soap.
Olive, palm and coconut oils with pure essential oils of Tea Tree, lemon and Lemongrass.Also Aloe vera and Alpha lipoic acid.
How To Use:
It can be used from head to toe as required. Apply directly to the skin and then rinse.
It is safe for children and can be used at any age.
Emuaid Moisture Bar For Jock Itch
Emulaid Moisture Bar is specially designed for people suffering from various skin infections.
Its ultra-nourishing bar thoroughly cleanses, exfoliates, combats pathogens, soothes itching, eliminates flaking and moisturizes fragile, damaged, dry skin.
Its advanced formulation contains 5% Emu Oil along with Tea Tree Oil, Argan Oil, Macadamia Oil and Jojoba Oil.
Thus each bar is packed with nature’s most effective anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral essential oils.
- Emu Oil: Emu Oil is an excellent moisturizer making the soap too soft.
- Tea Tree Oil: Mildly astringent, non-irritating, antiseptic & anti-fungal, it is known best for its healing powers.
- Argan Oil: Argan Oil helps with many skin conditions, from dry skin and wrinkles to psoriasis, eczema and acne.
- Macadamia Oil: Macadamia Oil slows down the signs of aging, softens, moisturizes and repairs dry or damaged skin.
- Peppermint Oil: It helps relieve common skincare problems such as acne, irritation, soreness, and itching.
- Salicylic Acid: Salicylic acid reduces swelling and redness and unplugs blocked pores.
- Other Ingredients: Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Palmate, Water (Aqua), Emu Oil, Palm Acid, Palm Kernel Acid, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Mentha Piperita Stem/Leaf Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Oil, Mentha Viridis Leaf Oil, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Salicylic Acid, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Nut Oil, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Jojoba Esters (and) Jojoba Esters (and) Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Etidronic Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Iron Oxides.
So, these were the best Jock itch soap bars that are antifungal soap bars that you can buy to cure jock itch fast. If you want the best results, then you can also try Tinactin Jock Itch Spray Powder.
Further Reading – Check out best underwear for Jock Itch